Saturday, June 30, 2012

I Just Don't Understand

Another NBA Draft has come and gone. One of the last times I guess to say goodbye to the players who thrilled fans during their college playing days.

I watched my usual 1.5 minutes of the draft on ESPN. I will confess I charted the draft a bit on ESPN.com.

But seriously, do people actually watch these professional drafts on television? I’m not picking on the NBA Draft in particularly. It could be the NFL, MLB or some professional softball church league. I guess this is another downside to the 24/7 news cycle.

ESPN treats these drafts like they are the Miss USA Pageant. Ah the anticipation. What player will go to what team? Is this like a sports reality show? Please...

I know, I know. I’m an old geezer and I need to get into the 21st century. But can’t ESPN find some better programming?

Maybe I should tune into one of those shopping networks during these drafts. Maybe I could land a hot deal on a set of steak knives.

Please tell me readers: did you watch the NBA Draft on TV? I promise not to throw stones if you did. Possibly a pebble, however.

No comments: