Monday, August 27, 2012

College Football 2012 Style




The college football season officially starts this weekend. You have your usual one or two monster matchups (try Michigan-Alabama) and your usual cupcake games complete with the frosting.

Here’s hoping your favorite team doesn’t put you asleep with its opening opponent.

I have mixed emotions about the college football season starting up again. Some years I’m ready, set and charge. But this year, the St. Louis Cardinals are again in the playoff chase so I have my eyes firmly placed yet on baseball. It’s difficult when the seasons overlap.

But I figure I will be in the football spirit by the time Iowa State and Iowa play Sept. 8. That’s always a big game in this state and this year’s edition should be competitive.

Of course, one of the big stories of the season will be Penn State. How will the Lions respond to all the turmoil in the last several months?

USC begins the season as the team to defeat. Florida State is also receiving some love.

It all shapes up to promise another exciting year of college football.

Bring on the tailgating, the bands and the cheerleaders.

No comments: