Friday, March 15, 2013

Live in Minnesota

Last week, I had the privilege to speak in Southwestern Minnesota. It’s about a four-hour drive from my home but well worth it.

First stop was the Fellowship of Christian Athletes gathering at Southwest Minnesota State University in Marshall. Southwest Minnesota is a Division II school with approximately 3,200 students. The FCA folks were warm and inviting. I have spoken there before and enjoy hanging out with those students.

The next morning, it was off to Minneota Public School just up the road from Marshall. I spoke at a school assembly there and enjoyed it too. Most of the members of the girl’s basketball team came to visit with me after my speech. I was impressed with these young ladies. They play for a state championship tomorrow (Saturday) in Minneapolis.

I enjoy taking my speech “Keep Your Uniform On” to students. It was great to combine college age with the junior high and high school on the trip.

I must say, I have a warm spot in my heart for the Minnesota students.





No comments: