Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The USA Today College Football Preview

I landed a copy of the USA Today College Football Preview the other day. It’s definitely a keeper and one I can refer to during the season.

This preview magazine is more meat-and-potatoes rather than steak-and-sizzle. There is a color photo on the cover (regional—mine is Notre Dame’s Michael Floyd). The paper stock is heavy so I won’t have newsprint ink on my hands. The preview doesn’t have a top-25 but it does highlight top teams. It also features top players who could have turned to the NFL but chose to return for another college season. The preview also breaks down teams in various conferences. One of my favorite aspects of the USA Today previews is the TV schedule. I’m pleased to inform you that it is included in this issue too. It also has a handy bowl schedule.

So I think I’m ready for the season once I consume the greater parts of this preview. Now that the Fourth of July is history, college football junkies can really prepare for the season. It’s only about eight weeks away, but enough time for you to purchase your own preview magazine.

No comments: