Saturday, January 8, 2011

Bowl Season Almost Over

Whew, what a bowl season. Too bad I missed most of the games (just kidding).

Today is bowl game No. 34. Tomorrow is bowl game No. 35. And then, it is over. Was the bowl season as long as the regular season or did it just seemed like it?

I really enjoy college football but I think we have reached enough bowl games now. In fact, there are way too many.

I cannot remember this many bowl games being played between January 2 and the national championship game. What happened to all the games on January 1? In the old days, my eyes became fizzy from watching two many New Year’s bowl games. Now, I have lost interest due to the lengthy bowl season. I watched only two complete bowls games this season.

I get the biggest reasons why this bowl marathon—money and TV. But please again remember the old days when a bowl game was a reward for a successful season. Now, 7-5 and 6-6 earns trips. At this rate, it will not be long before 5-7 and your team earns a trip.

The only way to stop this nonsense is in the hands of the fans. Quit attending the bowl games and quit watching them on TV. The bowls and TV will receive the message and will cut back on the offerings.

Sounds like a great result to me. What do think?

No comments: